Puglia is full of enchanting history, fascinating culture and gorgeous locations, but what about something specific for those aged 13-18?
Here’s the definitive list of top Puglia experiences for teens…
2. Bari. The capital of Puglia is a bustling, well-known port and university city. Even though the great architecture and stunning churches may not enthuse teens, the shopping opportunities definitely will. The district of Borgo Murattiano, which is made up of several square blocks, is home to every conceivable type of shop, from designer to high street.
4. Acquapark Ippocampo, Province of Foggia: Even though it’s smaller than Splash Acquapark, Ippocampo is just as fun. At just a few km from the beautiful San Giovanni Rotondo, this park has something for everyone, from small children, to teenagers and even adults. Exciting water rides include the Kamikaze, Black Hole and Anaconda, and there’s loads of entertainments for teens and youngsters too.
5. Miragica, Molfetta. This theme park, located in the port city of Molfetta, has numerous rides, from log flumes, to Ferris wheels, rapids and exciting roller-coasters, as well as a popular (and terrifying!) fake free fall ride. Pay just one admission price at the entrance, and you can go on the rides as many times as you like.
6. Molfetta Outlet Mall, Molfetta. Conveniently located about 50 metres form the Miragica theme park, is an elegant fashion district. This popular outlet mall will entice teens with its great bargains from brands such as Adidas, Kappa and Levis. Open until 9pm on weekends.
9. Beaches, Salento. Some of the best beaches in Puglia, and even in Italy, can be found on the Salento Peninsula. Two gorgeous beaches packed full of young people are Porto Cesareo and Torre Lapillo, and Ponte Ciolo is a well-known point for jumping into the crystal clear waters…but do take care with this one; the highest part is around 40 metres high!
10. Divinae Follie, Bisceglie. For the older teens, there’s the Divinae Follie in the province of Bari, which is the biggest nightclub in the south of Italy. With 3 or 4 large dance floors and a famous DJ every week, this is a definite hotspot for young, fun loving Italians and visitors alike!
Are you ready to pack your bags?
Do not forget your swimsuit and camera ... We look forward to your photos from Puglia!