If you are going to spend a few days in Milan maybe you would like to do something different. This Top 10 things to do and see in Milan will take you along an original, colorful and fun itinerary, by showing what to do the first, the second and even the third time you will stay in Milan, Lombardia.
A week-end in Milan: 10 things to do and see - Colonne San Lorenzo
1. Walking along Corso di Porta Ticinese. Going through Piazza XXIV Maggio, Sant'Eustorgio and the columns of San Lorenzo represents a dipping into the city, its history, its fashion, its nightlife and its railing houses. When you get to via Vetere, turn right and head toward the Parco Vetra.
2. A stop at Bar Rattazzo. Before entering the Park, on the right, you will find one of Milan’s historic bars. For 50 years Mr. Piero – the bar owner - has received thousands of customers, by offering them his renowned products, from beer to his homemade meatballs. Stop and take a drink in the most beloved bar in Milan.
3. Take a walk through Parco Vetra. It is a small park but it is undoubtedly one of the most "british" ones in the city: lie on the grass to chat or read a book. You will find students, old people and workers who relax in the shade of the basilicas.
4. Are you fond of sport? Do you like football? If so, you cannot miss a visit to Giuseppe Meazza Stadium, also known as San Siro. This is one of the favorite places of Milan people and can't miss in the Top 10 things to do and see in Milan list. On Sundays and sometimes during the week, F.C. Internazionale and A.c. Milan make the stadium even more spectacular. For more information and you can look at sports in Milan section on the website of the municipality.
5. In the South area of Milan, head toward Parco Solari, near the homonymous Street, where you will find Solari Swimming-pool. Once there, you can have a swim, then you can relax enjoying spring or summer sunshine. In Milan there are a lot of swimming- pools and sports centers.
6. Take advantage of the bike sharing. Take a bike and have a ride through the city is one of the best ways for visiting Milan. Although there are not many bicycle paths yet, Milan is perfect for going by bicycle. There are very few climbs and many places can be easily reached after just a few minutes of pedaling. Why not go, for example, to Parco Solari or to Teatro Piccolo by bicycle?
7. An evening at the theatre. Culture is one of the main characteristics of Milan. Theatres are everywhere and they are able to satisfy all tastes: from the most institutional theatres such as Piccolo Teatro to the experimental vitality characterizing Atir Teatro Ringhiera or the intimate atmosphere you can breathe at Crt.
8. The typical but unmissable visit to Leonardo da Vinci’s Last Supper. In the refectory of Santa Maria delle Grazie you can find one of the most important paintings of all time. Visitors are generally advised to book.
9. In the late afternoon get to Navigli district. Reach Via Vigevano to have a drink in the chaotic but sophisticated atmosphere of Capetown Café, another typical meeting point of Milan’s inhabitants. This place is just 2 minutes away from Navigli Milanesi, an area that is perfect for a walk. You will have no trouble finding beautiful restaurants for dinner.
10. At the end of the Naviglio Pavese, on the left, you will find Via Conchetta. There you can find a historic library of Milan, la Calusca, founded in 1971 within the social centre Cox 18. Take a look at the thousands of books telling the story of the city. This is a cultural journey worthy of being made.
Guest post by Enrico Zacchetti
Top 10 things to do and see in Milan: would you suggest more?
Share your opinion with us!